Got a massage thIs afternoon. Been looking forward to it all day. $40 for an hour. Can't beat that! At the "Shang Hi foot and body massage"in a strip mall. Hmmm Shang Hi...orientals...they know all about relaxing the body,,count in.
So appointment is at 6 ... I get there and the sign on the wall read "NO REFUNDS"...hmmmm wonder if they make you pay first...esscusse me sir ... Would you like male or female ( in a deep accent). I'd like a female please. That is $40....pay now.
I pay and they take me to a room and prepare for what I've been waiting for all day ..... Anise relaxing massage. Problem was....I asked for a female....I did not specify homo sapien..I'm laying flat only stomach when what has to be a female panda bear slips in and then jumps on my back! Grabs the skin around my neck with the strength of obviously a full grown female panda and tries to separate it from the bone. Then it crawls on the table and begins to push from the top of the shoulder all the way down the back about every 6 inches with all the wait it had and some. Then it took it's elbow and dug into the muscle to a point where I finally said "EASY".it laughed and continued to tenderize the kill for the kids!! I have never told a person to go easy on me because I felt if they can give it I can take it.....but I gotta try and jump on Friday and this thing is tearing me up. I must of told her easy 6 rtimes and each time I would hear her giggle like " this is gonna be a tasty one if we can just get it tenderized" and if that's not bad enough each movement was fast and hard. The sign on the outside of the shop read " we relax you from head to toe". Some how I remembered that one about the time she dug her fingers into my temples. Slightly fals advertising. I have never been slo close to getting up and leaving as today. At the end of this abuse I thought " I would like to explain to these people that if they are going to employ panda bears to do their work they might send them to panda bear massage school.....but I don't think they would listen even if they understood me....so...going to just walk out and not complain". As I am leaving the receptionist calls out " excuse me sir......Bingo....the female panda...would like a tip. Well.....no....no tip for Bingo...sorry to say this but that was by far the worst massage I've ever had.....and fortunately panda bears are not that quick and I turned and ran outthe door before Bingo could grab me!!!!
So, previously I got to go out to training center and try to jump. Beautiful day. Nice tail wind...Staci Dragila and a couple of other stud girl vaulters are out (staci won first olympic gold in women's vault). So. Warmed up pretty well. Then they left and the adrenaline of " don't make a full of yourself" went away and I guess fatigue set in. So...took a short ice bath tonight and plan on jumping with Ty again Friday
Forgot to mention. When I was in Vegas one morning I was on the elevator going down when an older lady got on. Something about her demeanor incould tell she was friendly so I asked " headed down early so you can get a jump on those tables?". She said " no.....my husband is waiting on me in a rental car....we flew here some could rent a car and go see the hoover dam...it's on his bucket list". Kinda caught me off guard but I told her thatnwas great and I hope they really enjoy it. Turns out she was from Freeport Texas
Made me think....everyday you should contemplate your "bucket list"....update it...add to it....and try to cross them off at every chance you get....I'm trying!!!
So glad to read the update. Your ability to story tell translates very well to your writing :). Couldn't stop laughing about Bingo. LOVE YOU!!
ReplyDelete