Well it's been an interesting trip so far. I think I spent maybe 30 hours trying to learn some Italian. Got to disk ten of the pinslers Italian one. Disk 1 is all that has been useful. I can say good morning. Good bye. Thank you and your welcome. The other bits I learned have yet to be useful. I know how to say "I'd like to eat something" I've determined that when I sit down at the restaurant they probably have figured that out. I can also say " I'd like to drink some wine" ...here in Italy that's a given. Things I would have liked to have learned are " where am I " but actually I know that.... It's " dove eo" or close to that. But I am clueless to the response to that question so why ask.
I got lucky on plane ride. Row behind me was empty and the stewardess must have sensed this was going to be a long ride for the geezer so she moved me back before anyone else could get it!! So I had a decent nap. Arrived in Rome and that place is crazy. Went to check on flight with gate attendant and she was less than interested in talking to American about how I'd like to drink some wine but did explain in a broken English I was in the right place. Just because the flight number above the gate did not match mine sit down and shut up and get on when we board....not in exactly those words but I got the idea with her pleasant facial expressions. Finally arrived in Turin and $50 later for taxi ride and I'm at hotel.
Once I checked in thought I'd lay down for about 30 minutes .......woke up 2 hours later. That flying will wear you out!!
Decided I'd go ahead and venture out and try to get checked in for the meet. These big events like this were there are multiple sports going on always make you check in at someplace that is never close to the track. In this case it was about 2-3 miles from hotel.

No comments:
Post a Comment